Its that time of the year again!
It’s that time of the year again! The 2018 Tax Season for Individuals opens on 1 July 2018 for eFilers and branches will be open to assist from 2 July 2018. If you want to avoid long queues, it is a good idea to register for eFiling! Its quick, easy and efficient to use!
There has been an amendment to the deadline dates for submission, and it has been brought forward, please take note of the revised submission dates:
Type of Taxpayer
Manual – post or at SARS branch drop boxes
21 September 2018
Non-provisional and provisional
eFiling or electronic filing at SARS branch
31 October 2018
31 January 2019
Don’t file if you don’t need to:
You do not need to submit a return if ALL the criteria below apply to you:
- Your total employment income / salary for the year (March 2017 to February 2018) before tax (gross income) was not more than R350 000; and
- You only received employment income / salary for the full year of assessment (March 2017 to February 2018) from one employer; and
- You have no car allowance/company car/ travel allowance or other income (e.g. interest or rental income); and
- You are not claiming tax related deductions/rebates (e.g. medical expenses, retirement annuity contributions other than pension contributions made by your employer, travel).
- Contact your TAX consultant and visit http://www.sars.gov.za/Tax-Rates/Income-Tax/Pages/default.aspx for more information!
Elena Bevilacqua CFP® Professional
Senior Financial Planner
BCom Hon: Financial Management
EDGE FINANCIAL GROUP
Tel: (021) 555 0839Read More